How about a yacht?

 


A free week on a yacht?  No, thank you.

I had applied for a house sit, on a yacht in Florida.  Another sitter was selected.  Yesterday I received an email, saying that the sitter couldn't do it after all and would I be interested?  I would have had to end my current house sit a couple of days early, which I knew could work out since I wasn't taking care of any animals this time (the cats went along with their parents to their cabin).

But, I said no.

Once I got past the glorious thought of having a yacht all to myself, I thought about the fact that I don't know the first thing about boats.  It would just be me, living in luxury for a week, which sounds fantastic, but what if I heard a strange noise?  I wouldn't know if it was routine, or something serious.  I decided not to take responsibility for something I know nothing about.  

Who is this new, sensible person I'm becoming?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida

Introduction

House-sitting