House-sitting




I signed up on a website called trustedhouseitters.com.  It cost more than other websites (currently $129 per year), but for nearly 4 years I've had free housing.  It's worth a look, to see all the house-sits available worldwide.  If you decide to join and want to use my code, it is RAF126955.  It will give you a discount (and give me two free months membership).

The house I'm currently in is in a lovely neighborhood in Boulder, Colorado.  I don't think you could get a house in this neighborhood for under a million dollars.  It's a big house, furnished beautifully.  So, I do feel I'm living luxuriously.  I'll be here for 5 1/2 weeks.  If I was paying to stay in this home, it would cost thousands.

However, luxurious doesn't always mean glamorous.  There's a big vegetable garden in the back, which does take a bit of work (there is someone who helps), but also means free vegetables for me.  Yesterday I sent the host a picture of a pile of poop in the backyard, trying to figure out what kind of animal it came from.  We are by the mountains, so there is wildlife.  It turns out it was from a raccoon, and as I was cleaning it up, it's certainly didn't feel like a glamorous life.  

But, I love that my situation is always changing, and I love those odd moments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida

Introduction